Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX with cuts + no TX

Options

Hi,

Since today I have two problems with my SmartSDR for macOS and my Flex 6400M.

1 - I receive reports that my audio suffers from cuts.

2 - For some reason, there's no TX. I can PTT my Flex but there's no output. All the transmit setting are ok. No DAX, mic selected, power settings ok. I disconnect SmartSDR and connect again. Issue remains. I have to power off and power on the Flex and after that, TX backs to normal.

My macOS is 12.1

Mac mini M1

Mic: Movo VSM-7

Please help.

73 Paulo

Comments

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options

Paulo,

Remember that your Movo microphone requires phantom power, that must be enabled in SmartSDR for Mac Radio->Flex 6400M Settings->Phone->Microphone bias (checked). Enable Microphone boost if required.

Double check that in the RADIO CONTROLS window that MIC is selected in the Phone section.

Otherwise, perhaps you could describe the path between rebooting the Flex where everything appears normal and where it quits working properly. I would check your profile, mode, audio gain, and VOX/DEXP if you were using it.

Of course, intermittent audio as you described could also be a symptom of a microphone and/or cabling issue.

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

1 - I'm using Flex 6400M remotely, with my Mac mini M1.

2 - Movo VSM-7 is connected to an audio usb interface Behringer U-Phoria UM2, with Phantom power 48v on

3 - In the Phone Section I have to have MAC selected, as I'm using my Mac to send the audio to the Flex

4 - I can't figure out what makes the Flex to stop TX. It's random.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK Paulo ... in the 'Gear Settings' at the top of the App page (next to the audio slider) there is a setting called MIC threshold. I think that is active when using audio direct from the Mac so I would check that. I'm not sure if that is the case since I use the BAL input at the radio.

Also, from the HELP manual - "If you are experiencing dropouts you can increase the Output Buffer size but that will also add some latency."

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭
    Options

Daniel,

It seems that Mic threshold was the problem. I went to audio menu and didn't noticed it was set to -19dB. So, no more audio cuts. I still have the annoying problem of losing TX. Need to do more tests to see if the problem originates from the software or it is hardware related.

73 Paulo

• ea3imr
    ea3imr Member
    Options
    Hi @"Paulo CT1ETE"

I have the same problem that you "TX cuts" (by using Mac Mini M1).

Have you set de Mic threshold to "off" in order to avoid the cuts?

Many thanks in advance