Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Q5 5BVUX via the FTDI USB cable

Hi Group -

Just got my FTDI USB cable in from Q5. Trying to get it going but just not finding enough documentation on how to make it all work.

I have configured it under the USB cable settings menu as follows:
Cable Type: BCD
Source: TX Slice
Type: VHF_BCD
Polarity: Active High

I also have the 5BVUX connected to my 6400M via the transverter port and have the 5 bands configured via the transverter menu. I'm not having any luck getting it to switch the 5BVUX between VHF bands.

Would anyone be willing to share their configurations that make this option work?

Thanks!
Chad
N0YK

Answers

• n0yk
    n0yk Member ✭✭

Just a follow-up to my post about the Q5 5BVUX mulit-band transverter. I was able to get the USB cable working and it works great. Has turned my 6400M into a 160M through 1296 MHz transceiver with 902 MHz!

Steps via SmartSDR:

Click "Settings" and scroll down to "USB Cable". Edit existing default cable profile to the following: Name <whatever you want>, Serial <auto-populated by cable type>, Cable Type <BCD>, Source <Tx Slice>, Type <HF_BCD>, Polarity <Active High>.

Once you have this setup, the Q5 transverter will follow any of your preprogrammed transverters for 144, 222, 432, 902, and 1296 MHz.

• w7kyg
    w7kyg Member
    bcd_vbcd was the option that worked for me in SmartSDR for iOS. Otherwise all other settings are the same. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.