Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuning a RTTY Signal on a 6400M

Good Evening.

I have been playing around with MMTTY and my 6400M on this weekend's RTTY Contest. OK, I see the RTTY signal which is like the letter U on my screen. But the question is where do I place the A Slice yellow line to copy the signal. Is it in the center, to the right or to the left of the U? I am using DIGL. Thanks!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I don't have a 6600M but a 6600. I don't believe the 6600 will decode RTTY itself, not sure about the 6600M. For the 6600, you need to feed the audio from the radio into a decoding program. MMTTY is the most common and, for MMTTY, you want to put the radio into RTTY mode, not DIGL. When in RTTY mode, SSDR will show you 2 yellow lines which you will align with the two peaks of the RTTY signal.

Tim K9WX

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Tim,

That is interesting because on my 6400M I can operate and not use the SmartSDR program. Other than CAT and DAX. I did not notice RTTY as a mode choice on my 6400M. So can I safely assume that it is only a function of using the SmartSDR program?

Mark KB3Z

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭

I can switch to RTTY mode using the screen of the Maestro.

Tim K9WX

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Thanks Tim!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.