Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

StreamDeck customization

Options
Good evening everybody.
First of all apologies if this has been asked, but I could not find the answer in the forum.
Could anybody tell me if is possible to customize Streamdecks’ keys according to the state of
a specified function?
For example, would be amazing if I could have a dufferent color for the selected band or mode (e.g. green 40m button when I’m on 40m), or anyway for any state change like NB ON/OFF, etc…
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Tony.

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Yes, it is possible using Node Red to send custom images depending on status. It is not possible using FRStack.

Dave wo2x

• iz7aue
    iz7aue Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"David Decoons, wo2x" said:
    > Yes, it is possible using Node Red to send custom images depending on status. It is not possible using FRStack.
    > Dave wo2x

Hi David,and then Node Red can communicate with FRSstack?
    Or better, how Node Red communicates with the Radio?
    Thx, Tony iz7aue
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

If you want changing pictures or colors for buttons assigned for radio functions then Node Red would communicate to the radio. That is a fair amount of work but can be done.

Here’s a video of Stream Deck interfacing to Node Red plus FRStack. I do not use custom button colors for radio commands but I do for amp, tuner, power control, and rotor.

https://youtu.be/XPkcS10WWao

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

That is just unbelievable Dave! You have created the best example of full station integration that I have ever seen!

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Thanks Len,

I’m always tweaking. ;-)

I’ve got to do a presentation on Node Red to my contest club next week. I need to try to target contesters to show how it can benefit them and reduce fatigue and mistakes in performing different tasks.

Dave wo2x

• iz7aue
    iz7aue Member ✭✭
    Options

David, that is much further I ever could have even imagined to do in my shack.

And yes your setup is doing exactly what I was asking.

Thanks a lot for your inspiring video, for me is time to learn NodeRed.

Tony iz7aue

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.