Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which SmartSDR should I download

It's been a couple of years since I have had a Flex radio so I'm a little rusty. I bought a used 6400 yesterday that had been use only on a Mac. I will be using Windows 10. Are the versions 2.x considered maintenance and free? If these are free, which version should I go with?

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

Depends on which version is in your rig. Current version is 3.2.39 and 2.7.6. I don't know which #1 version is.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

If the flex has a V2 version installed, a later V2 version will be free. If it has a version of V3, a later version will be free. If it has V1 or V2 and an upgrade to V3 is desired, that cost $200.

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭

Thanks John, I think I will play around with a free version till I make up my mind about the radio.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Good idea.

the only real difference is that the v3 allows multiple ops to connect at the same time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.