Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can anyone tell me thread size for ground post of the PGXL?

Can anyone tell me thread size for ground post of the PGXL? I need to get a washer and wingnut but do not see any documentation on the thread size for the ground post on the rear of the PGXL. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

73 Steve N3MX

Best Answer

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Curiosly, M5-0.8 thread is almost identical to a 10-32 thread.

Interestingly, a 10-32 machine screw will thread into an M5-0.8 nut but an M5-0.8 machine screw will not thread into a 10-32 nut.

Answers

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭

I can't but any hardware store can. They carry **** templates for just this purpose. Just in case you need this info in a hurry...

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

That's funny! Carting his PGXL to the hardware store...I can picture a cartoon now...

• Michael Reid
    Michael Reid Member ✭✭

It's metric....Mike, K6DRY

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

This is an entertaining thread.

OP asks for thread size, gets referal to hardware store.

Then comment that it's metric; that's a start. Now all we need is a diameter and pitch.

Then his question will be answered!

• Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭

I just measured mine.

It is M5 with a .8 pitch.

• sschrack
    sschrack Member ✭✭
    @"Gordon, ve7on" Confirmed spot on Thanks. M5-0.8 is the correct size. Thanks.
  • N7EMM
    N7EMM Member
    The PGXL Quick Start Guide and the PGXL User Guide do not address station grounding for the PGXL. The photo of the rear panel in the User Guide shows the ground post but it is not in the numbered description list. Recommend that Flex update the documentation to include station grounding information and, of course, the size and pitch of the wingnut required (verified on my PGXL as M5 with a .8 pitch). And maybe... maybe even include a wingnut with the PGXL?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.