Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Swisslog -- anyone using

Options
Dale - AE6DS
Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Is anyone using Swisslog as their day-to-day logging program with Flex?  Do you recommend it?

I'm using (and happy with) Log4OM v2 with OmniRig as my current logging solution.  But noticed that Swisslog has added direct IP rig control for Flex SmartSDR and may have some additional integration with digi apps.   I tried it out for a few minutes and looks like it has a lot to offer, but figured I'd consult the community opinion before throwing hours into a deep dive with yet another logging program.

Answers

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just downloaded after I saw your post and trying to figure it out.
    My first issue that fonts are too small on 4k monitor and I cannot figure out how and if I can change them.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Try Log4OM https://www.log4om.com/ which is quite advanced.
  • Dale - AE6DS
    Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    As I said in the post, I currently use Log4OM. :)

The reason I’m looking at Swisslog is that it has direct IP rig control with SmartSDR and looks a lot more configurable but with steeper learning curve....
  • Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If you aren't afraid of a learning curve, look at the DXLab suite. Learn one program before starting on another and you'll be hard pressed to find something it cannot do. https://stationproject.blog/2014/12/11/an-introduction-to-the-dxlab-suite/
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    On the same note, if you aren't afraid to learn, it is much easier to learn LogHX.
    Sergey
  • Dale - AE6DS
    Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Good suggestions. I used DXLab for years but switched to Log4OM last month when I got my Flex and rebuilt my station. I miss a few things from DXLab but Log4OM plays better with some of my other gear. I asked specifically about Swisslab because it seems to incorporate things I like about Log4OM and DXLab. From the responses, seems like I should dive in myself.
  • Steven Linley
    Steven Linley Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    All the popular loggers play nice with Flex radios.
    I've prefer DXLab Suite, Here is a link to a "Video Introduction" I think you'll like;
    https://www.dxlabsuite.com/  now click on the tab "getting started";  (or click here) https://stationproject.blog/2014/12/11/an-introduction-to-the-dxlab-suite/

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That link looks familiar...
  • Dale - AE6DS
    Dale - AE6DS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes, as does the software (read my previous comment, lol).

I preferred Commander to OmniRig, but Log4OM does a much better job of playing with other applications via TCP/IP than the DXLab suite ever did.
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Looks interesting Sergey.  I’ll try it out.
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes I have been using Swisslog for many years. Having tried all the others, it beats them hands down. Any issues are quickly answered on the Swisslog user forum. Total integration with Flex; it's my source of DX Spots to panorama. I run it on 4K actually - it does help to have screen real estate to take advantage of cluster window(s), band maps, stats, log, K1EL winkeyer, world map, etc.
  • Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

I have installed Swisslog. How do I get Swisslog to read my 6400M I go into transceiver control and transceiver is Flexradio 6XXX. It is asking for an IP address. When I go into the network menu it has an IP address of ****.****.X.****. It also gives a Mask Address. How do I enter this into Swisslog. When I enter in the IP Address, the software does not seem to be communicating with the radio. Am I missing something with the installation of this product?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

The first time the transceiver is set up in Swisslog, you can either press the 'Search IP automatically' button or enter the IP address manually. So you would do the latter since you know it. Press Start and OK. If the radio is not found, close Swisslog and reopen it. It will find the radio.

Any persistent failure and you can leave a message on the Swisslog Forum or email Jordi EA3GCV directly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.