Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M - power on 24/7?

“Turning on” the 6400M requires - after the power switch - keeping your eye on the screen and tapping on a couple of screens to proceed through the process. Need to touch “Operate” followed by “Run”. Is there anyway to ‘automate’ this multistep process and just have the 6400M ready to go after pressing the power switch? Or, failing that any issues with keeping the 6400M powered on 24/7?

Best Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

From the “Select a Version” screen, touch the little gear in the lower left. Then enable “Auto Connect.”

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Neil,

Fantastic! Works perfectly. Much appreciated. Is that in the manual? I sure didn't see it. HI

I was wondering what the 'gear' was for! I had to touch the screen numerous times to get it to activate.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

73, Bob, WØYVA

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

My 6600M becomes fully operational after just pressing the power button.

• WØYVA
    WØYVA Member ✭✭

Maybe the 6600M is different or maybe there is a setting somewhere I'm missing. HI

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Much depends on how quickly it negotiates an IP address. With my 6400M I now fix an ip for it in the router so that on boot it just carries on with that address from last time. This makes the boot time very quick. Before I made that change it took much longer.

Erik Ei4KF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.