Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Calibration

After calibrating and then shutting down the 6400M and turning it back on, I have to recalibrate the frequency. Is there a way to have the radio remember it's calibration offset after turning off then on? I've set up a profile but that doesn't seem to do anything to save that.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

My 6400 holds the last calibration value. How do you shut down your 6400M? If you just pull the power, then that might explain it.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

I tap the power button the usual way to shut it down. When I tap the power button and turn it on, I find the the frequency is off and offset reads zero.

• KD0RC
    edited October 2021

Ah, OK. In Radio Setup, RX tab, what do you have the 10 MHz Reference Source field set to? Does it say Locked with a checkmark?

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

Source: Auto. TCXO Locked with a check mark

• KD0RC

Well, it sounds like you are doing everything right. I would submit a helpdesk ticket.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

Ok, thanks. Another thing that I don't think has to do with this problem is when the radio is shut down the power button turn orange or amber. I don't think that is right. I don't have the GPS module. I'll report both.

Thanks

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi John, Do you have a built in GPS?

Do you have a External 10MHz source?

If you don't have either one of the above then the built in frequency clock has gone south on you and you need to do a support ticket.

If the stock Internal source get's to far out of wack the radio will reboot itself to try to self correct, it does NOT matter how many times you try to calibrate it to WWV on 10 or 15 MHz it will reset when you power down the radio because with out a Internal or external GPS source it relies 1st on the built in stock source.

Anyway I would do a support ticket if it was me with this problem so at least you would know for sure.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

Thanks Brett. I just submitted a ticket.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Also I do not have a GPS module or external 10 Mhz source. Otherwise the radio works fine😀.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021

To put ribbons on this thread, it turns out curing the amber light on the power button after shutdown also cures the loss of the offset frequency calibration. The amber light thing was simple- Menu-GPS-uninstall GPS. The other thing Flex was going to have me do was a radio reset but didn't need to.

• KD0RC

Thanks for the update John. I'm glad that is all that was wrong.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.