Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I lost my connection to the internet - Flex 6400

I am new to Flex. When I set up the radio I followed the process on the Smartlink Setup. Initially the connection was red. I have an AT&T router, and so I changed the firewall NAT/Gaming adding the Flex address and port forwarding TCP 4994 and UDP 4993. I then manually configured the Smartlink Setup to match and I got a connection. Green button and all was good.

I have since lost my connection. When I Connect via SmartSDR on the PC, the client connects via the PC and the network status shows "excellent." I then disconnect and on the SmartSDR window select SmartLink Setup and there is a note that the "radio does not have an internet connection" The green LED on the back of the Flex by the ethernet cable is illuminated. On the router device list the Flex 6400 IPv4 address is there and active. The allocation is DHCP

I wanted to look at the SmartSDR SmartLink setup again, but the "manual" choice isn't there. When I click "Test" to set the smartlink connection it just keeps giving the dots... but the test never ends.

I am trying to resolve this to connect via my iphone. When I open the SmartSDR app it is not showing any available radios because the radio cannot connect...

Help..?? Thank you!
Scott/N6PG

Answers

• N6PG
    N6PG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I'm sorry. I probably posted this in the wrong category. I’m not sure how to move it.

To add info to my above post, the SmartSDR window doesn't show my account settings (callsign and name are blank). I've logged out and back in and they are still blank. On my iphone when I open SmartSDR when both the radio and my phone are on the local home network, the radio is available. I select the info icon and it shows info... including "Internet Connected NO" and the port it shows on the radio info is 4992. "Radio Remote TCP Port -1" and the "Remote UDP Port -1"
  • Unfortunately SmartLink is no longer working. All HAM's using SmartLink world-wide are biting their fingernails during the RTTY contest, but not a single word from FlexRadio so far.

Not only SmartLink on windows is affected, but also the macOS version. This is BAD!

73, Frédéric HB9CQK

• przecież jest weekend ludzie z Flex mają wolne :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.