Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to setup log4om with smartsdr

Lee Perry
Lee Perry Member
Need guidance in setting up 6300 with Log4OM via Omnirig. Can't get Log4OM to connect

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You need to make sure Log4OM communicator is turned on.  Also, make sure that the COM port that you selected in OmniRig appears in CAT.  

I have been using Log4OM with my 6300 for years - I love it.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Steve nailed it - and in Omnirig be sure to select SmartSDR as your rig in Omnirig.  I've used it on my 6500 and now my 6600.  Some things won't work well, like jumping on digital spots since there is no way to distinguish one from another, but otherwise it seems to work pretty well.  
  • pd5wve
    pd5wve Member
    [{"insert":"Dear OM Steve i have a flex 6400 and use log4om. don't work by me. so i do some thing wrong. where can i find the comminucator?\n\nregards Willem PD5WVE\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.