Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waveforms not recognized by 2.6.2.50

DH2ID
DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In 2.6.2.50 the waveform installer ist still there (under "File") and installing the
waveforms also works, but the waveforms FDV and DSTR are not recognized
by SmartSDR and not shown as a mode anymore. I don't need them often, but
I would like to know if this is new and whether the waveforms have been
abandoned. 73, Alex - DH2ID

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes they have been abandoned BUT you at least with FDV the external software package works with the FLEX but you have to add a Computer USB  microphone. 
    The old FDV waveform hasn't been updated since 2017 and wasn't working with the new MODEs that have been added to the software package.
    support for DSTAR dropped when they stopped selling the DSTAR module I believe.
    Bret

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for your answer, Bret.
    Well, FR could discard the waveform installer then :-)
    73, Alex
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Until someone builds a new Waveform for a future enhancement then you will need it to install the new waveform. 
    Bret

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Right. But nobody's designing with that method any more, it seems.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for your answers. I have opened a ticket, as I want the waveforms back,
    and I will post the answer here.
    Vy 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • AG4Q
    AG4Q Member ✭✭
    I would like to know if the API for developing a "waveform" for running on the Flex 6000 series hardware is still supported, encouraged, or discouraged? Or should all new user developed applications run outside on the PC host and communicate using the API over the IP interface?
    73s, Randy, AG4Q
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

The iOS version of sir uses the waveform technique to run FT8, which is installed as a waveform.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.