Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I'm new to Flex. I have a 3000 on the way. Where should I start?

Options
I am new to the Flex world and I know absolutely nothing about the system. Still trying to find out if my computer will support a firewire card. Got stumped before I got started. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately Firewire is slowly going the way of the dinosaur.

If your motherboard does not have a Firewire port, you'll need 1 of 2 things

One. Your motherboard may have firewire on it, but not setup with the connectors.

Look for this connection on your motherboard:

If it has that port, you'll need something like this

Two. If not #1 you'll need this (assuming you have an available appropriate PCI slot) :

• WX5KW
    WX5KW Member
    Options
    Dennis, Thank you for the reply. I will look at the board to find out. The radio did arrive and i have it up and running with the firewire card that came with it. Had a little trouble with computers, not due to cards or flex. Other hardware and OS problems. Will work to improve what i'm doing. But for now we are running. Its enough to get my feet wet and start to learn.

Thank you and 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.