Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone connection to the Flexradio 6400M

Options
Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Good Afternoon,

I have purchased today a Flexradio 6400M. I have ordered a cable to connect my SPE 1.3K-FA amplifier. I have an Inrad M650 Microphone and would like to connect that to the 6400M. I see this cable available from the Store, 3 Pin XLR to 1/8in (3.5mm) TRS for. This is the SKU #ACC-CX0076. I think this is the correct cable that I need to buy. Can someone verify this for me? I am not sure if there would be other options available for connecting a microphone or not. Thanks for your help!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answer

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is correct. You need a 3.5mm TRS for the audio. You will also need a way to engage PTT. Both hand and foot switches work just fine. I use a Heil hand switch and a DX Engineering foot switch depending on my operating position.

The radio will ship with a hand mike. That will plug into the 3.5mm mike jack AND an RCA connected PTT connector on the back you your new radio. That's correct the hand mike cable forms a "Y" at the end and needs to be plugged into two places---an audio jack and a PTT jack separately.

Congratulations on your new radio purchase.

-Hal

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.