Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Number of Maestros allowed per Flex

Ok, I understand the number of Maestros allowed per session on the Flex is 2 simultaneous. Could I, hypothetically, have 6 or more Maestros at different locations and still use them 2 at a time? As an analogy, I can have 2 ethernet devices connected to a resource at one time, but I can register 10 MAC addresses for access to that resource in total. Thanks for the assist. 73 de N2HAY

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

For a 6400, there can be any 2 devices connected at any one time, maestros, pc,or any combination.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

To directly answer N2HAY’s question directly - yes you can have six Maestros. The radio is registered to a SmartLink account you create. Any client that has the email address and password used to create the account can then access that radio. There is no limit with number of clients that can use those credentials. As John pointed out you can only have two clients connected to a particular radio at a time. Remember, the front of an M model counts as one client when connected.

In the Alpha group a bunch of us all use the same SmartLink account to register our radios Then when we bring up SmartSDR, SmartSDR for IOS or MAC, or Maestro, we see all of the radios and if they are in use or available. This is useful for testing. You can do the same with a group of friends.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.