Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flashing Red Light - Will not boot - Flex6600

This morning tried to boot my Flex 6600 running 3.39 Smart SDR on Laptop

1. Looked like normal boot but never stopped flashing green light.
  2. Powered down retried several times same flashing green light.
  3. Full Cold Boot gave a solid white light for a long time then slow flashing Red light that does not stop
  4. Repeated Cold Boot several times same slow flashing Red light.

Any ideas of recommendations?

Thanks,

Mick, W6MOB

Comments

• Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭

Do you have a network cable plugged into the rig? If so, unplug that and see if it boots up. That has worked for me in the past.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2021

Hi Mick, is there a pattern to the red flashing? It is the pattern that tells you what is wrong. If it is just blinking on and off, it is likely a fan malfunction. From the hardware manual:

Error Conditions

Certain hardware and software error conditions cause the radio to stop operating and display an error code by flashing the Power button light as follows:

• One red flash: Fan malfunction

• Two red flashes: Software crash

• Three red flashes: Boot failure

• Four red flashes: Input power over voltage

• Five red flashes: CPU overcurrent

• Six red flashes: Input power under voltage In the case of a software crash, the error code repeats for about 15 seconds, then the radio will reboot.

In the other cases, the error code repeats until the Power button is pressed, then the radio shuts down. An additional press of the Power button is needed to restart the radio.

• Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭

Thanks for the comments.

1. I disconnected everything apart from 12V then Cold Boot with same result. Tried 3 or 4 times.
    2. The Slow Flashing Red light is constant no pattern.

Cheers,

Mick, W6MOB

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

HI Mick, it is probably a fan or possibly an SD card issue. In any event, you need to submit a helpdesk ticket. The Flex team can help you diagnose the problem definitively.

• Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭

Thanks Len, will do.

Cheers, Mick

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Len I agree it sounds like you may have an SD card issue. If so they will take care of you in a hurry. If you do not mind me asking...when did you purchase your Flex 6600? Thanks in advance...

73, Ronald W4RJF

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If it is steady red flashing light, that is one flash pattern. You can try taking cover off and check if fan is fully plugged in or if something is obstructing the fan. Also with power off (DC removed) try moving the fan blades to see if there is any binding.

you will need a T8 Torx to remove the cover I believe.

Dave wo2x

• Mick
    Mick Member ✭✭

Ronald, I bought the Radio new in Jan 2019.

Dave, Tomorrow I will see if I can open the top and take a look at the fan.

Otherwise I have filed a Help-Ticket.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Mick, W6MOB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.