Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QO-100 Geostationary sat, anyone using Flex successfully?

I am looking for some advice for the best way to go for transverters for the QO-100 satellite I wonder if anyone on here is using a Flex product successfully?

I have been looking at the DXTO https://hamphotos.com/DXTO from India however this has a limitation that you can't seem to work split and it would need to be customised for input as the drive from the 6600 is lower than most radios.

DX Patrol https://www.dxpatrol.pt/index.php/kits make some individual up and down converters however again the input required seems to be much higher (between 1-3 watts).

So any advice or experience would be greatly received for a soon to be 6600 owner.

Thank you for reading this

Pete

Comments

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

AMSAT-DL offer some products

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Pete, I am also looking for information to use flex radio ave qo-100, did you find a solution, not easy to get answers, please answer me,

ON5PO, Janny

• pagreen69
    pagreen69 Member ✭✭

@on5po Hi Janny

I have just heard DF2IC on QO-100 who is using a Flex 1500 and he has details on QRZ.

I am looking to use the Kuhne up converter which can be modified by them when you order for a 28Mhz IF and will use the DX Patrol downconverter which also is switchable to 28Mhz IF, unless I can find an alternative. DX Patrol also produce an up converter for QO-100 however the Kuhne is much better quality, has a built in amplifier and does not need any extra filtering.

Hope this helps you.

Happy for any more information or advice from anyone using QO-100 with their Flex Radio.

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Thanks for these informations ,

To believe, that the USA, do not receive the QO-100, with the large number of flex radio users, there are none who use this mode.

But in the rest of the mode, there is a large number of flex users there, also no information which is a real shame, everyone I contacted uses conventional transmitters, yet I'm pretty sure, that the configuration is different, because of the different possibilities of the flex, I will keep a little patience, otherwise, I will abandon the project.

73, on5po, Janny

• pagreen69
    pagreen69 Member ✭✭

@on5po If the USA did receive QO-100 then there certainly would be a lot more information on here. I am currently using the SG Labs up converter with a wi-fi amplifier and SDR Play with SDR Console for downlink which works very well. However I am using a Mac and have to run Windoze for SDR console.

Smart SDR for Mac will run QO-100 with the transverter from Kuhne and the downconverter from DX Patrol so I can get rid of Windoze.

Good luck with your research.

Best 73 Pete

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.