Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PG XL + Tuner Genius + Flex 6500

Options

I expect to purchase a PG XL and Tuner Genius 1x3 to mate with my Flex 6500. There are three antennas: a 10m - 40m beam, an 80m dipole, and a 160m long wire. What is the "best" interconnection setup for this non-remote home station? If I add a 6m antenna, what antenna switch is recommended?

Thanks for any advice...Mike, K6DRY

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Plug all three and PC into the router directly or into a gigabit Ethernet switch. One antenna into each port on tuner.

RX1 out of radio to A in on amp, A out of amp to input on tuner.

In tuner band configuration on 1x3 you can define which antenna to use per band. If you decide to expand past three antennas in the future look at the 4O3A line of antenna switches.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

I run my setup as Dave described and have no issues.

Currently use a Palstar HF-Auto so no SO2R but when Tuner Genius arrives I am switching to SO2R configuration.

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.