Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW and VOX problem - Flex 6500 V. 2.6.1

Javi LU5FF
Javi LU5FF Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I don't know if someone is experiencing the same problem,
while in CW mode the vox is activated
Is it an error already detected?
setup Flex 6500 - V. 2.6.1

73s
Javi LU5FF

Comments

• GM7VSB
    GM7VSB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I queried this last month, nobody acknowledged it though. I reckon it’s a proper bug. To work around, go into DIGU or DIGL and switch off VOX it’ll then hold when you go back to CW.
  • Javi LU5FF
    Javi LU5FF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    OK my friend
    but in my case it is not possible to distil the vox
    Even if I'm in CW and picks up some sound the mic activates the TX
    does not send sound but cuts reception

That's why I think it's a problem to solve

73s
    Javi LU5FF
  • Javi LU5FF
    Javi LU5FF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Quería consultar nuevamente a los medios de comunicación.
    Si este es un problema ya detectado o tiene que tener un ticket?
    Puede que tenga que restaurar mi equipo desde cero,
    la verdad de que la voz está activada mientras uno está haciendo cw es muy molesto
    Gracias
    Javi LU5FF
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem. And the problem is when in CW mode the VOX indicator the "faded blue"; not "gray". if there is any noise in the shack that would trigger the VOX (if in SSB mode), it disrupts any received signal. So if you are listening to CW and cough or otherwise make a noise, you lose parts of the CW signal -- making it impossible to copy.

I have tried resetting the radio (Flex6700) which is running Version 3.1.12.51 but nothing seems to work. The only way I can stop this is to physically disconnect the microphone while working CW.

Bill K5WAF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Javi LU5FF you should upgrade to SmartSDR v2.6.2. The version of SmartSDR you are using has some issues fixed in v2.6.2 that will improve the stability of your radio.

You may need to reset the persistence database to prevent this radio state from being recalled using the HelpDesk article How to Reset the Persistence Database for a FLEX-6000

• K5WAF
    K5WAF Member
    Has there been any fix to this problem?

Bill K5WAF
  • Jim G3YLA
    Jim G3YLA Member ✭✭

I have to say a big thank you to the community system... does what it says on the tin.

Firstly, from above, resetting the VOX in DIGU seems to work, whereas going into USB/LSB does not carry over when going back to CW. Thanks GM7VSB

Secondly, Tim's suggestion to reset the persistence database makes the problem go away... follow the instructions carefully.

Great work Flexers all...

73 de Jim

g3yla

Flex6500 v2.7.6

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.