Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Third party touchscreen?

Options
[{"insert":"I just purchased a flex 6400 from a ham who won it as a door prize. He prefers superhet radios so I was fortunate enough to snag his. Anyway, it doesn't have the Maestro, and I'm wondering if there is any knowledge of using a touch screen laptop or something like a surface pro that would allow me to not have to use a mouse?\n"}]

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I use a touchscreen Surface -- both the tablet and the laptop -- and they work fine with SmartSDR. The only slight hassle is moving the frequency up just a couple of KHZ or so. It's easy with the scroll wheel on the mouse, and not quite so easy on the screen -- although I guess I could zoom in more to make it easier :-)

Most all of the other controls work just fine on touch.

• Dom wa2got
    Dom wa2got Member ✭✭
    Options

Another option for adjusting the frequency is to click on the frequency in the slice window (I think that is what it is called) and enter numerically using the keyboard number keys. I myself prefer using the mouse wheel.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have an external monitor that’s touch enabled. It emulates a mouse.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.