Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

witch download file do i need for my flex 3000 to work on my ,computer core i5

Options
barry heller
barry heller Member, Unconfirmed
witch download file do i need for my flex 3000 to work on my ,computer core i5

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Barry... best bet is PowerSDR from KE9NS. PowerSDR (ke9ns.com

Have fun. I understand it is great software to work with!

By the way, you'll also need some sort of adapter to create a firewire port, as I understand it. The flex 3000 needs this to communicate to the computer.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just to be clear, SmartSDR is for Flex 6000 series radios only.

PowerSDR is for previous models, like yours.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

HI Barry... I also found this on a search of the 'Legacy Radios' forum here. It's from Flex Radio Employee Tim, from 2018 --

"There isn't an alternative solution to using the FLEX-5000 and FLEX-3000 with a non-native Firewire interface. It will just not work if the 1394 bus is being emulated by a different physical interface. It will also not work if the FIrewire interface is not 100% IEEE 1394 compliant too. The only thing I have heard might work is a Thunderbolt interface with the Firewire connector."

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.