Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

So far so good...

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I just updated two Win 10 laptops and my 6400 to 3.2.39. The update went perfectly and quickly on both. I will test SmartLink this afternoon when I set up my 5th wheel camper for a fishing trip. At the moment I have both laptops (Multiflex) and my TeensyMaestro (client bind) all connected and working great.

All third party SW seems to be working as well. ACLog, DDUtil, CW Skimmer, SliceMaster, WSJT-x, FRStack, WoodBox Radio S-meter and SDR Monitor are all working as before the upgrade.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I connected everything the way I will set up in the field and it works great!

I connect to my radio remotely with SmartLink. I have an old laptop on my home network with my KPA 500 and KAT 500 connected via USB. I connect to it remotely using the free version of TeamViewer. I start SmartCAT on the old computer and start DDUtil. Now I have total control of my amp and tuner.

Amp and tuner follow the radio's frequency thanks to the instance of SmartCAT at the radio site.

ACLog gets its frequency from the instance of SmartCAT on the computer in the field running SmartSDR. This allows me to run the logger wherever I am. I could operate it via TeamViewer on the radio site computer, but then I would have to copy log files back to my main computer.

Thanks to Mike, VA3MW for the suggestion to have a computer connected locally while operating remotely - it makes life much easier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.