Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Q5 Transverter Availability

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Community Topics

FYI Corey at Q5 is now quoting 8-week availability for newly-ordered transverters. Worth the wait, in my opinion.

Comments

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Neil,

Yep, now 8 - 10 weeks because of part availability. I ordered a 2M and 70cm transverter five weeks ago from q5signal and am anxiously waiting for them to arrive.

Dave

• Dennis N8IVE
    Dennis N8IVE Member
    Yea I agree , worth the wait . I just received my 2M and 70cm transverters from Corey and it was 8 weeks on the button . I tried the "Ukraine" units but was not happy with the performance . The Q5 transverters are far superior .
  • Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Dennis,

When did you order yours? I had a 144 and 432 on order since 3/12/21. Hope to be getting my invoice and notice of shipment soon.

Dave

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

I ordered a 144-75 Watt version with common RF and IF and high stability oscillator on March 4, 2021.

It shouldn't be much longer now!

It will be the nicest Transverter I have ever had! it will go well with my FlexRadio!

I have had a TV-202 for my TS-820S back in the early 80's

Then got a Microwave Modules "Black Box" back in the late 80's/early 90's but never had any effective antennas for it, so I sold it.

I currently have a pair of the Ukrainian transverters for 144 and 432 and find that they are underpowered and the oscillator drifts badly with temperature. (Buy, Hey! not bad tor $70, build in a case!)

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Ken,

Thanks for the update. Yes, I have heard the best out of users of the Q5 Signal xverters with the flex. Looking forward to getting my two xverters soon!

Dave

• W6RWC
    W6RWC Member ✭✭

I placed my order for the 5 band high power transverter on 3/12, and received my invoice for payment yesterday - so just under 10 weeks from order to "completion" of build. I'm still waiting on shipping details, so it'll be more than 10 weeks from order to receipt. Can't wait to get it on the air though.

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

My order came in yesterday also. Ordered mine on 3/12/21. They are working beautifully!

Dave

• Don Achelpohl
    Don Achelpohl Member ✭✭

I ordered my 5 Band Q5 Signal transverter (5BVUX) on March 27th. It is scheduled to be delivered This coming Tuesday, June 1st. Three months and five days, so it sounds like maybe the delivery time is picking up slightly. Definitely looking forward to its arrival.

Don 😀