Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack can't find my radio to connect

I've been away from the radio for a couple of months, and when I left FRStack and my 6600 worked fine together. Now I'm back and I upgraded SSDR to the latest version (3.2.37) and now FRStack will no longer connect. It says that "there are currently no radios available". According to the 6600 I'm connected to my network and I'm signed into Smartlink, although I don't use it for anything.

Thanks for any advice

Rick N0VY

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rick, If you are connected locally, SmartLink should not be in the picture. If you are connected remotely, then SmartLink is correct. If you go to Settings, Choose Radio / SmartLink Setup... you should see something like this if you are truly locally connected:

If it has a blue-highlighted SmarLink next to the name of the radio, then you are remotely connected, and this may be your issue.

Which one do you see on your radio?

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

Hi Len, and thanks for taking the time to offer help.

I have the same thing as your first image, so I'm locally connected.

• KD0RC

OK good, so are you running FRStack on the same computer as SmartSDR, or are you on a different computer? Also, what version of FRStack are you using? I have 3.1.31.60, which I think is the latest.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

Same computer. I had the same version as you, but downgraded back to version 3.1.29.58 to see if it helped (it didn't)

• KD0RC

Well Rick, I think I am out of ideas... It might be time to send a request for help to Mark, W3II - support@mkcmsoftware.com

Hopefully they will be able to get you going again.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

Thanks Len, I appreciate the effort!

Rick N0VT

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

Mark solved the problem. Somehow the windows defender firewall stopped letting FRStack through. Checked a couple of boxes in the "allowed apps" section and all is good.

Rick N0VT

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I had a similar problem with a Netgear router. It wasn’t to the radio, but the tv streamer. It was working and then it wasn’t. Went into the advanced tab and found it wasn’t allowed. Maybe there was an update.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.