Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Thank you for v2.7.5 ... I can now use SmartLINK again and access my remote

W4AFK Bruno
W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

IT WORKS ... Had my host ham install SmartSDR 2.7.5 at the remote site in Florida. He had no issue and it went fine. If he wasn't available I would have done it via the NUC as I can also remotely control the AC power outlets.

I then installed v2.7.5 over here in San Diego and after logging in, I am able to use the Flex 6400 again :-)

I was also surprised that all of my settings and memorized channels were maintained (I did export everything to csv and saved them on the NUC).

--------------------------------

Flex - Yes, it was something you guys missed and it was frustrating for us SmartLINK users. However, I appreciate your honesty as most companies would have done all they could to bury this in some vague responses. You took responsibility and kept us abreast. Your honesty builds trust, something we are lacking these days (politics, companies, etc.). This "event", although frustrating, increased my trust in Flex :-)

by the way, some in our community should read "The Speed of Trust".

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

RE: "The Speed of Trust"... an excellent read, Bruno. And highly recommended.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

It’s good that the shack is operating again. For myself, I never install flex upgrades until the fix for the fix comes out. It’s a trust issue for me.

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭

Don - The company I have been working for the past 25 years is Servant Leadership based. The Speed of Trust was one of the first books we read. As part of senior management, one of the items we strive for is Trust. We have our own challenges and are open with our customers. Many have stayed with us because they can trust us :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.