Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M not booting. Exiting with One Red Flash

Options

Trying to help OM friend on mine. His 6600M is running current firmware for last week. He followed update instructions to the letter (yes he did factory reset). We took cover off to verify fan spin. It spins up for about 2 seconds then nothing. It does spin freely though. It’s almost like the “Maestro” is booting but the chassis is not. He opened a help desk ticket but wanted to see if it was anything we could check while we wait

tnx

Lawrence KB5ZZB

Comments

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Options

Radio is up and running...

Thanks Tim! My friend left the power off over night. Tim Ellison emailed first thing SUNDAY MORNING! We followed his instructions for factory reset...and the only thing we did different was to delay hitting the power button for 2 minutes after applying power from the disconnected power supply. Radio booted normally. Thanks again.....AND TELL ME ANOTHER RADIO MAKER THAT WOULD WORK ON A TROUBLE TICKET OVER THE WEEKEND! koodos Flex and Tim Ellison

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There is no other radio manufacturer that would do that. They are the best in the business. This is why you can buy a Flex radio with confidence. And look at Mike VA3MW answering so many questions. Even answering the numpties on the Facebook page.

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting! This topic makes me even more confident in my investment. (6600M). No problems so far after three weeks. It has been on every day for 15 hours and left with power on standby over nights. I even found the latest update really so easy to install. Thank you FlexRadio for re-kindling my interest in Ham-Radio, and for your eternal support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.