Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac mouse issue ...

Options
W7NGA
W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Mac

Good morning from the sunny and dry Oregon coast!

Yahoo! My new 6600 arrived yesterday and works beautifully with SmartSDR for Windows. I then attempted to run the Mac version and as lovely as it is, I am unable to double-click to change frequency. At times, it might take 50 clicks to yield a frequency change. I have changed the mouse sensitivity in the App, changed the double-click speed in the Accessibility preferences in MacOS, and sensitivity in the Mouse preferences as well.

I am using Big Sur on all of my computers with similar results. A Mac Mini M1 and iMac Pro exhibit the same issue . It does work correctly with the track-pad on my MacBook Pro. Other than a few quirks, this program is excellent. I will write up an evaluation as soon as I can get the double-click functionality to behave correctly.

It would appear to have something to do with the Magic Mouse, since the track-pad works correctly.

I have contacted Marcus who is puzzled. I would think there are other users experiencing something similar. I am using the latest version of SmartSDR for Mac.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

Daniel - W7NGA

Comments

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Daniel,

I run into this problem from time to time, I never mentioned it to Marcus (in fact if the simple click could be implemented as in the PC version I think it would be great). When this happens I work around the problem with the RUMLogNG "band map" window. Personally I do not use the Magic Mouse but a "Dell" optical mouse.

73' John / F5JRC

• do4ai
    do4ai Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using a Magic Mouse too but can't confirm this problem. Maybe try another mouse, it is probably broken for some reason.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't use magic mouse, just a regular mouse or trackpad and it changes frequency every time.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Marcus tried it with his Magic Mouse (he says he really dislikes the Magic Mouse and won't use them) and it worked perfectly well. I reverted to a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and it works fine. Both of my Magic Mice exhibit the same behavior. I personally like the Magic Mouse for browsing and such, but no problem since I can have both mice operating at the same time. One for Mac, one for SmartSDR.

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    Options

Mac Mini M1 16gb-ram 512gb ssd.

New Mac user here. Magic mouse will not give me but one flag movement and thats it.

Scrolling works not really smooth but workable.

Turned off Natural mouse feel and also turned off reverse mouse wheel.

Only 7 day user of a Mac. First ever and what a ride.

Im sure Marcus is on it in the back ground working hard.

Good things come to those who wait sometimes.

I got time.

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    Options

Quick follow up:

Microsoft M-100 hard-wired Usb mouse:>>>>

Gives me click to move the flag. Works. Doable.

Scrolling works but adjusting setting not helping a whole lot.

Better than magic mouse so far. Hope this helps others out until it can get sorted out.

Mac Big Sur and M1 being new i understand bugs will happen it is a given.

Moral of the story for now change to a different mouse product.

• k3pw
    k3pw Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m using a Magic Mouse and the double click rarely works for me - very frustrating. A wired mouse works fine but I prefer the wireless one so I’ve gotten used to clicking and dragging. I’d much rather double click!

Stan, K3PW

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I pulled an old wireless Logitech mouse out of the drawer and it works fine. Odd however, why the Magic Mouse seems to work for some and not others.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am writing up a review of SmartSDR for Mac and thought I would pass along my observations of the Apple Trackpad. It takes some fine adjustment between MacOS trackpad tracking speed and SmartSDR for Mac mouse sensitivity but I was able to find a working solution. Not buttery smooth .. due to the discrete step size but fluid enough to keep on the bench.

That's my workaround for the Magic Mouse problem I was experiencing. I have to say that I have really enjoyed my time with SmartSDR for Mac, working with the developer Marcus, and benefiting from the wonders of Apple and Flex Radio.