Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What would you like GridTracker to offer to Flexradio 6000 users that currently doesn't?

The team behind GridTracker reached out asking for comments and ideas on how to better integrate their application with FlexRadio. Do you use GT to help you with your FT8 operation? Are you running into any issues? Are you missing something? Would you like to see some FlexRadio-specific features?

Comments

• N1SH
    N1SH Member ✭✭
    I do use GT, but just got a flexradio, so kind of hard to answer. Maybe wanted spots on other bands in the call roster? It sure how that would work without another copy of wsjtx running.
  • Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Gridtracker is pretty well integrated, but the interface is mainly with the jtdx, wsjtx or mshv software more than with flex radio itself.

I use GT mainly for monitoring 4 digital slices concurrently and qso multiplexing into LOG4om logging on central logging PC.

The only thing I can think of, but it could major change is to allow Gridtracker to sit a separate PC.

Griftracker uses a fair bit of pc power, which is always at short supply when running 4 slices and 4 digi sw sessions.

• sdelmont
    sdelmont Member ✭✭
    Neil, you can have GT run on a separate computer. Just change the "Reporting" settings on WXJT or JTDX so that the "UDP Server" is either the IP of the separate computer, or a multicast address such as "224.0.0.X".

If you use the IP address, no need to change anything on GT. If you use a multicast address, just enable the option and enter the same address on the "Receive UDP messages" options for GT.

Multicast addresses also let you use multiple instances of GT. Configure them all to the same address and you're set. This way you can have different maps or roster settings on different instances of GT, if you ever have the need.
  • Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Cheers Sdelmont

I ll give a try

Neil

• Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.