Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink on 3.2.12?

I thought I had gotten my bugs worked out but I was at our camp this afternoon getting the water going and things ready for summer and decided to try Smartlink from there with the iPad. This is where most of my remote use is. No joy....

I came back home (only a few miles) and checked everything out and I am doing dhcp with a reserved IP for the 6500 and everything looks right. I deregistered and restarted and it seemed OK but the test fails and Smartlink isn't working for me. Any hints what I've forgotten? I did more than a few cold starts getting through some issues with 3.2 so I figure it's something with that. The problem with Smartlink is it worked so darn good over the last couple of years I've forgotten a lot of the mechanics behind it!

On the bright side, the water in the camp works and the fridge and ice maker (key camp essentials) are in full operation!

Answers

• KØKQ
    KØKQ Member ✭✭

Mike,

These things that are so reliable, it's easy over time to forget how we configured them.

Where I would start is do the free upgrade to 3.2.31, then bring up SmartSDR, click on your name and call, log out then log in again, having your password handy. Good news is you can test SmartLink from the radio site by getting the green indicator, and know it will work remotely.

Dave

Enjoy the camp, nice weekend in Colorado, I'm headed up too!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.