Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need help with Smartlink port forwarding on Tilgin router

SM6WET Magnus
SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭
edited April 2021 in Networking
Hi,
I am new with my flex. Setting it up at home to use as I travel a for work.
Tried to get it working on Smartlink to be on remote but have some issues getting the connection to work, read a bunch of other threads on forwarding issues but cant seem to solve it.

For Smartlink I tried the ports everyone else use, like
Forward TCP port 21000 to 4994
Forward UDP port 22000 to 4993

On my Tilgin router I went to Port forwarding and chose the following under 1 rule.
Port: WAN
Connection: dhcp
I clicked the "activate" box.
In the box Source IP address / prefix lenght I put my radios IP and nothing in the prefix lenght.
Same for Destination IP address.
For TCP Start 21000 to 4994
UDP start 22000 to 4993

Anyone understand what I do wrong.
I tried the UPnP but it dont work.

Comments

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭
    From the router settings (Swedish but see explanation)
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

It looks like you have done everything correct.

Check the router status and look at your WAN IP address. Make sure it is a public IP. If you go to myip.com look at what is your IP. It should match the WAN IP in the router status. If it doesn't then possibly your Internet provider is doing double NATting which means they use one public IP for many customers.

Also the instructions for your router on the picture provided states to use the start field only for single port. So try removing the "****" entries and save.

Start there. If you like Magnus, you can email me direct

Dave wo2x

wo2x AT arrl DOT net

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2021

It looks like you have done everything correct.

Check the router status and look at your WAN IP address. Make sure it is a public IP. If you go to myip.com look at what is your IP. It should match the WAN IP in the router status. If it doesn't then possibly your Internet provider is doing double NATting which means they use one public IP for many customers.

Also the instructions for your router on the picture provided states to use the start field only. Try removing the entries from the end fields and save.

Start there. If you like Magnus, you can email me direct

Dave wo2x

wo2x AT arrl DOT net

• SM6WET Magnus
    SM6WET Magnus Member ✭✭
    Problem solved.
    Everything was indeed setup correctly.

My problem was my ISP having set up with a non-public IP.
    After a quick call they did some changes, asked me to wait 15 minutes and then unplug the router and put it on again.
    After I checked with myip.com and my ip-address had changed. Did not touch the settings but tried again and got a green lamp.
    Connected a laptop through my internet sharing / hotspot and it is now working.

73 de Magnus

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.