Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X defaulting to LSB on all bands

I have had FLEX signature rigs for about 4 years. No problems in the past with WSJT-X. Now, on TX rig is defaulting to LSB. I have tried Profile modifications and WSJT-X settings. No luck. FLDIGI is working perfectly on DIGU and does not change on going from RX to TX. Any suggestions?

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

In WSJT-X radio setting tab make sure you select Digital/pkt mode.

Also what do you have selected for radio in that tab?

Dave wo2x

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Hi Dave,\nYes, the software is set for Digital/pkt mode. The radio is Kenwood TS 2000. These have been the settings for the last 4 years on the software with my FLEX Signature radios. I was thinking, when I get home, to try the USB setting and see what happens. When I am using HRD or FLDIGI with the FLEX 6400, I am not experiencing this problem. Of course, once the radio switches to LSB on TX, it will not switch back. First time I have ever seen this.\nThanks for getting back to me so quickly.\n\n73\nMark\nKK2L\n"}]
  • David Decoons, wo2x

What other software are you running besides Flex SmartSDR and WSJT-X? Most times it is always caused by a software program telling the radio to change modes.

If you like, contact me via email and I can send my number. I can assist via TeamViewer if you like. My email is good on QRZ.

Instead of Kenwood TS2000, try creating a CAT TCP port 5004. Then open WSJT-X and go to settings/radio tab. Set radio to Flex 6xxx. Set IP address to 127.0.0.1:5004

Dave wo2x

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    Hi Dave,

The computer is dedicated to the FLEX. The only other software I am running with WSJT-x is my logging software (N3FJP) and the Chrome Browser As I mentioned prior, I have made thousands of contacts using this configuration without any issues. I have made no changes to the computer recently. I like your idea of a new CAT port. I am at work now but where do I insert that new IP address (SmartSDR or WSJT-x)?
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Mark

As per our email, I will talk to you on the phone tonight. You first create a new TCP CAT port 5004, then start WSJT-X.

In WSJT-X under radio tab select Flex 6xxx and in the IP address field enter 127.0.0.1:5004

In N3FJP under settings/Rig Interface select Flex API and make sure mode set by Rig.

73 and speak to you tonight,

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x

If N3FJP is set to Mode set by frequency the program (N3FJP) will set 40 and 80 meters as LSB.

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    N3FJP is not set to Mode and frequency. LSB problem is happening on all bands with WSJT-x,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.