Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.1.12 - Tune button not working

When I click the tune button the radio goes into TX but no power and no carrier. Tune Pwr slider is at 10. No other problems with the radio.

Tried on a second PC, where the Tune button works as expected. I am pretty sure I am overlooking something....

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭

Just noticed when changing Mode from USB/LSB to CW then tuning is working.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hi Roland..... what band / frequency are you on? Are you near a band edge or a channel on 60m? The bandwidth of ssb vs cw may be puting you outside the band.

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭

Don, happens on any band, any frequency. Only works when in CW. Thanks

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Depending on your frequency, if you were near the band edge, transmit could be disabled on usb or lsb.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Roland:

Good evening.

Since the tune function works as expected on the second computer, the problem appears to be in the first computer. If you are using profiles try a different TX or global profile. If that doesn't work I would try deleting SSDR from the first computer and reloading SSDR. Don't for get to save your profiles if you do this.

Gayle K0FLY

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭

I will try that after the contest. For now I switch to CW, tune and switch back to SSB. I only need to tune on 80, so not a big deal with the Tune memory ON.

I already tried to load the default profile, no help. I agree it must be something on PC 1. PC 2 works just fine.

Thanks

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Roland

Put your Flex TX slice into the CW mode.

On the P/CW panel, be sure the "pitch" is set for 600 hz. If there is no pitch, "Tune" will not have any RF out, even though the Flex is in TX. The Flex needs the 600 hz tone to modulate the RF. With no tone, its the same as no RF out when in SSB mode, with no modulation input.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭

I am impressed ! Spot on Alan 🙏 I found the pitch setting on 100Hz, don't ask why but after setting it to 600Hz I can tune again in SSB.

Thank you Alan, saved my day and hours of troubleshooting....

Roland

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"This Solutions helped me too. Exactly the same happend on collegues PC, SSDR freshly installed, Pitch was on 100. in CW tune was working fine but nil on all other modes

...Credits to Alan, well done \n\n73 Remo es HB9SHD\n"}]
  • W3FRG
    W3FRG Member ✭✭
    Since you found that Pitch was at 100Hz when you turned on the radio, what was it set to the next time you recycled the radio On/Off?
    Mine will come up at 100Hz each and every time I turn the radio On, until I do a cold boot; Then it comes up at 600Hz.

Tom W3FRG
  • Dave KC9EI
    Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭
    Fixed me too! Thank you
  • Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭

@W3FRG

Sorry saw that message just today.

mine stays on 600Hz on manual boot and cold boot as well...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.