Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yaesu MD-100 Is there an adaptor that I can use for my 6300?

Pat Eastman
Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
I have a Yaesu MD-100 mic and I am wondering if there is an adapter I can user with it for my 6300?

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If the MD-100 has the original yaesu 8 pin foster wiring then it doesn't need an adapter, it is wired correctly for the 6300.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes it will work,,just the up down buttons won't work.
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for the answers and thank you for the unbelievably quick response!!

• Barry Meltzer
    Barry Meltzer Member
    edited February 2018
    Go to w2eny site for an adapter....Bob will take care of you.
    MD100 is a great Mic.  I use it w my Flex 6500 w excellent aud rpts
    73 Barry K3my

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The up down buttons worked for me?
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thank you.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Like other have said, our Radios are wired the same as Yaesu HF radios, so no adapter should be required.  If you would like to be sure, look at the Mic pinout on an Yaesu HF radio and compare it to ours.  

HF Mics only require ground, PTT, and Mic audio.  Some also have a Mic Ground to help eliminate RF issues.  

A quick check of both manuals will give you the confirmation your require.

Mike

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Mike, Thank you for the quick response. I have not received my radio yet and I am getting very quick responses to questions I am not yet prepared to put into action. That is a huge plus for me.
  • [{"insert":"Thanks everyone for these replies! I just had the same exact question and found the answer here.\n\nit’s nice to see a very active and helpful community for someone who is new to Flex Radio. It’s especially helpful when you already have an extra Yaesu mic!! LOL\n\n73’s and all the best,\nLarry\nde K7HN\nYouTube: Ham Radio Live!\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.