Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installation of 3.2.31 - Did not complete, needed DC power pulled.

Installation didn't go smoothly...

Updating my 6600 from 3.1.12 to 3.2.31, not as clean as I would have anticipated.

I experience the "Rare"(?) occasion explained in the release notes where the firmware update does not finish after 5 minutes. As advised in the release notes, I had to resort to pulling the DC power because radio did not respond to the power button press.

This condition is documented in the release notes as rare - but I wonder how rare ?

Radio did complete the update and restarted ok, my profiles look to be intact.

I'm just documenting my results here for Flexradio's stats, please it is in no way a criticism.

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

I spelled out the two times I removed power to the radio in my discussion done first thing yesterday morning. I highly recommend everybody compare the release notes TO My update for a smooth update. Thats why I took over an hour to write up that INSTALLATION and first look discussion.

Glad you got it done the second time.

• Ray G6UJB
    Ray G6UJB Member ✭✭

@Erika - KØDD thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

• iw2clm
    iw2clm Member ✭✭

I faced same issue on a 6600 (not M). It locked up and it needed a power recycle. Then it updates fine, no profile loss.

But now I can't use original Maestro MIC FHM-3, no way. It is working becouse the Maestro meter shows modulation, but no power out and it seems no output from Maestro to Flex via Ethernet (I use cable, not wifi). Using Flex6600 Line/Mic /Bal input it's fine.

Mhh ...How I can fix it?

IW2CLM Dome

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

My 6500 updated no problem follow the Release Notes .

My 6600 NOT the M , I had to do the Pull power then it updated. When the update completed I did the cold start and all is fine

Ed N5DG

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Maestro Version 1 works fine here using MIC-1

On My 6600M I had to dump power and reboot the Radio and so far so good with it, I haven't ran the radio much to give it a decent test.

On my 6700 the update went well but as usual I ALWAYS do a hard Factory reset and reloaded my profiles EXCEPT Preference's, I had one little small hiccup with the RX/TX Antenna not switching in correctly but after a SmartSDR restart it has been stable for hours of use last night and today.

• Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭

My 6600 froze and I had to pull power. Did not uninstall 3.1 first, but should have. Had DAX problems that were corrected when I did the uninstall of 3.1 and reinstall of 3.2. SmartSDR crashed after this and I lost an undocked window. Help ticket submitted.

Logan KE7AZ

• iw2clm
    iw2clm Member ✭✭

I solved the MIC-1 problem with one more power recycle. Restarting both Flex and Maestro the MIC is working again. Still remain some minor noise issue with external laudspeaker attached to Flex line out during rx.

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

My 6600 & 6700 updated without a hitch, but follow-on update of Maestro (type-B), hung-up with 3 minutes left on the 1st or 4 update stages. Power-down/up, resolved the issue and it seemed to update then at much faster speed with no further issues.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

As mentioned in another thread, installed on a 6600M here - no issues of any kind. I cold booted beforehand and afterward as recommended.

Working fine with "M" front end, xDax/xCat on Mac, SSDR Mac on MacMini, and on Win10 on Parallels. Still need to try SSDR iOS.

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭

FR6400 with Maestro Update Result:

• I had the Purple LED hang up. Pulling DC power got past that
    • Then even though SSDR said the rig was available I could connect to it only for a few seconds and then I would get “Connection Lost”. Doing a cold boot reset got past that.

I like the upgrade a lot so far, but......

My Maestro doesn’t seem to remember that it already has the update. I get the select version screen and have to select the version adding to the already, well... somewhat long, Maestro boot time.

And it’s my imagination I’m sure, but it seems like I have better Rx?

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭

had same thing here, purple light hang, power button did nothing, recycled power and seemed to finish ok, did delete the old versions before install since this vsp stuff not backward compatible. seems to be working ok now!

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Another datapoint: SSDR iOS works just fine also.

• Tjerk
    Tjerk Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Didn't work the first time round with my 6300 - re-installed the update and all was then OK.\n\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.