Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to set the radio to automatically switch to a specific antenna based on freq/band

Options

I use HRD for DX spots and CAT control. I click on a spot and HRD tells the radio to go to that frequency. Is there a way to assign Antennas (or even mode) base on that frequency.

For example I have a HEX for 20 and up on Ant1 and a dipole for 30 and down on Ant2. If I'm on 20 M and see a spot on 40, I click the spot but ANT1 stays selected. I'd like it to KNOW that I need to switch to ANT2.

I looked in section 29 of the users guide and couldn't find anything.

It would also be nice to be able set the mode as well but beggars and be choosers.

Thoughts?

Thanks! Josh - N0EG

Tagged:

Answers

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is an issue that many have and there is no method from within the radio. The ANT is selected by the last one used by the slice, not band or frequency.

I raised a ticket about this and there is no way round it according to flex. How I've done it is by using FR Stack and setting up memories which contain the band/mode/slice/antenna e.g. you could have a memory called '20m SSB' that goes to 14.200 on Slice A and Antenna 1 etc.

Rich M5RIC

• N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmm... Yea, I do something similar with profiles today. which works GREAT. 20m CW is set up perfectly for that... 40m SSB totally different...

Looks like I'd need the antenna Genius???

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also use FRstack for this.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I used to set up band mode etc. as separate per band entries in profiles. Since starting using FRSacks, I now just have one entry in profiles set as a default for the band/mode and set to a default band (20m). Now I can use FRStacks to change band/mode. But it is important to set the radios initial conditions after radio turn on before using FRStacks. Works well and reduces Profiles entries.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes, stack saves a lot of data in the memories. Can be a little disorienting if the memory settings are different than the current setup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.