Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recommended mic for remote laptop operation of Flex 6600M

Starting from scratch to build a remote operation with a laptop what is the recommended mic to get?

Many thanks in advance for your inputs!!

Best Answer

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have used a Logitech H600 and H800 for many years. They can work either with a USB dongle or bluetooth without the dongle. They can also be used via bluetooth with a iPad or iPhone.

John K3MA

Answers

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    Im interested in answer too.
    so far I did only use Flex audio via Maestro console only
    is it better go go with a USB headset or a analoge headset?
    will SmartSDR benefit from USB headset in therms of noisecancellation, echo cancellation etc.?

thanks for help

Peter HB9RNS & Remo HB9SHD
  • Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    will SmartSDR benefit from USB headset in therms of noisecancellation, echo cancellation etc.?

thanks for help

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭

thanks for help

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭

thanks for help

• Steve KD2OM
    Steve KD2OM Member ✭✭

Based on a recommendation from Flex, I use a Plantronics C725 USB headset. I was able to find a renewed unit which was much cheaper than a new one. I have had reports that the audio from it sounds good. It has noise cancelling which seems to work well.

The only issue with these microphones and I imagine every one that is used with SmartSDR is the PTT. VOX works fine, I use MOX which so far requires the use of a mouse to key the radio. The headset has a switch that could be used as a PTT but does not activate it and I have not figured out how to make it work.

Other than that I am very happy with the headset.

73 Steve KD2OM

• Francesco Doenz
    Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭

Many thanks for all your kind inputs!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.