Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Change Smartlink email

Options

Hi,

How can I change the email address associated with my smartlink account? Or is it better to just create a new account with the new email?

Mark WS7M

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Just deregusyer the radio from SmartLink, create a new SmartLink account and register the radio on the new account.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dave! Figured that might be the way.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So, how do I deregister the radio?

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

not possible !

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can deregister the user information and SmartLink login and password BUT as Chris stated you can NOT remove the License on the Particular radio and move it to another one, it becomes part of the Radio at that point and you will have to bite the bullet or sell it for more money with the new license if your selling it.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, my question is a follow on to the topic title. How do I delete/deregister the Smartlink account?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using SmartSDR or are you on a M version radio the method smart link account De-registration is slightly different between the two.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

From SmartSDR, go to Settings/Choose Radio-SmartLink Setup.

From the radio chooser click on SmartLink Setup and click Unregister. You need to push the PTT or CW key.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.