Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot connect to local Radio directly but no problem via Smartlink

Options
Hello there :-)
I have been using my Flex-6300 for years from this PC but since I installed some VPN software I can no longer connect to the 6300 via LAN from this machine.
I can reach the radio via Smartlink, so both radio and PC are capable.
I guess the VPN software has done something to the network setup on the PC that stays even when the VPN software is not active.

It may be related to discovery of the radio from the PC, so I would like to know how that is done, is there any low level documentation for this?

I am an IT developer and have quite some experience with networking, but this has me baffled.

I have a Portable PC that can still access the radio on the LAN so radio setup is OK.

Any sugestions?

I cant remove the VPN software, SlickVPN ver 0.2.61, its needed :-|

Greetings from Denmark
OZ8ACE
Jesper Wolf Jespersen

Answers

• Tor
    Tor Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jesper,
    I had a similar and for me inexplicable problem here. On PCs with VPN client (even if it is not active and there is no VPN connection) I cannot get a connection from SmartSDR to my Flex6400. I spent a lot of days and nights searching and ended up setting up a fresh PC - without VPN. It worked immediately!
    I suspect that the VPN software (regardless of which one) "screws" the routing very deeply in the system and possibly also restricts UDP and UPnP. This means that the connection between SmartSDR and a Flex fails.
    From my point of view, it would therefore be urgently necessary to be able to enter a static IP address of your Flex in SmartSDR, where the software should connect to. This IP address could then also be defined as an exception in a VPN client, so that traffic to this host does not go through the encrypted tunnel but remains local.

73s, Tor
    DM1TS, JO61OB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.