Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mixing Mac and PC versions of SmartSDR?

Probably dumb questions, but I've searched the community and can't find an answer:

If I'm using Windows 10 on my home PC, but have a Mac laptop, can I use SmartSDR on the two machines interchangeably? Use the PC when at home but the Mac remote? And if so, do I need to buy a separate license for the Mac, or are both versions covered under the v3 license on the radio?

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Mark, yes you can use them interchangably. You can even use them simultaneously using MultiFlex since you are on V 3.

Answers

• To my knowledge they are separate programs. The only difference is that the Mac version is a one time only fee regardless of the radio's version software.

Gordon, ve7on

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Mark,

l use SmartSDR on a pc, and iossdr on an iPad simultaneously. The radio doesn’t care which two (on a 6400) are connected.