Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Startup: Calibration=>Timeout, LED Flashes three

This is a cross post from Groups.io and I've already put in a help desk ticket after hours today, but if anyone knows a quick fix for this issue, I'd LOVE to know. The RTTY contest is this weekend and it'll take me HOURS to get my K3 running as it is setup on a Mac for lower 4 band VHF contests.

I leave this radio on 24/7 and yesterday afternoon found the Maestro not connected. Hmmmm. Upon restart of the 6500 it did a Calibration followed by Timeout and the LED is flashing three's. Does not look promising. Numerous retries with varios wait times, methods of pulling power and shutting down did not help.

Ideas are welcome 😕.

Mark K2QO

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Sounds like a corrupted SD card. The only solution is through Flex’s Help Desk. They are very responsive, but I’d suggest firing up the Elecraft :-(

[Edit: I have heard of a case where it was remotely fixable, so maybe all hope for using the 6500 in the contest is not lost.]

• Mark Adams
    Mark Adams Member ✭✭

Ted and Gang,

Tim at Flex is sending me a new SD card. I'll know in a few days if this works as long as USPS comes through. Mail services have been pretty dicey lately which is a whole 'nuther stroy...

Mark K2QO

• Mark Adams
    Mark Adams Member ✭✭

Not sure if I commented here on the official Flex discussion board, but as I'm sure everyone has already guessed, the new SD card did the trick. All is fine!

Mark K2QO

This discussion has been closed.