Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

antenna tuners

until the tuner genius comes out has anybody used other tuners like the palstar auto tuner tnx Arnie

Answers

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭

@ARNOLD GOLDMAN the TGXL will begin shipping next month. Full integration with the Flex Radio, PGXL and Antenna Genius.

Just so you know.

Mack

W4AX

Tuner Genius Program Manager

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I've used both the HF-Auto and the Older but better (in my opinion) AT-Auto and they both work GREAT with the PGXL at my station and with my Antenna system.

Remember Every one has different operating technics, Antenna's and feedlines all of which have a lot to do with how a Antenna tunes.

Glad to hear the TGXL will be out next month and hope it is worth the wait, With Mack leading the Project I think they are on the right track and will be something to be proud of like the PGXL is.

Getting mine hopefully with in the next 2 or 3 months as being a early purchaser of the PGXL, I should have one on Pre-order status.

Have a great evening.

• tnx for info and stay safe

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Arnold - I use two Palstar HF-AUTO ATU's, one connected to each output port on my PG-XL Amp. Works great and since each HF-AUTO has a built in 1x3 antenna switch it allows me to connect up to 6 antennas (2 at a time of course) to feed through my Amp and to my Flex slices. Fantastic support from the Palstar company.

I'm also on the list for a TG-XL. I'm looking forward to comparing the HF-AUTO and TG-XL.

Butch KF4HR

• thank you very much looks like a go as i need a tuner ; guess i can eventually leave the amp and tuner on

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭

I am using an MFJ998RT out at the base of my random **** 120' longwire with multi connected ground rods around 3 sides of house (in an HOA) and it gives very reasonable response - under 1.5:1 160-10. Just finished operating CQ 160m CW @1KW out and had a ball. With that said, I will probably still go for the TGXL to complete my Flex station 6600/PGXL/TGXL.

• tnx for response and feeedback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.