Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not Seeing Mic Audio Level?

I have made many mic profiles and have just noticed that sometimes I am able to see my mic level on the meter and other times not (not transmitting). It's sure nice to adjust the mic level without keying the radio.

The question is-- what determines what, when and how this future is turned on?

Thanks

Larry

N7ZDR

Comments

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Hi Larry:

I'm assuming that you are using SSDR.

1) Under the "Settings drop down" Select "Radio Setup"

2) On the Radio Setup" panel select the "Phone/CW" tab.

3) In the "Microphone area click on the "Enable/Disable the Level Meter During Receive" Button (Turns Blue).

You will probable have to do this for each mic profile. The command is there on the Maestro as well.

Gayle K0FLY

• Larry
    Larry Member ✭✭

Awesome---- Thank You!

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

Should I be seeing Audio Level activity during receive when plugged into the Balanced Line in mic input?

I have followed the procedure described above with no change,

Running 6600M with Heil PR 781 with the Flex Balanced Line in Cable. https://www.flexradio.com/products/3-pin-xlr-balanced-line-in-audio-cable-for-flex-5000-flex-6600/

This is the same directly running the radio without PC and running SSDR v 3.1.12

Thanks

Paul

Kr5og

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Paul, please see Gayle K0FLY comment from February 2nd

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

WX7Y, That is the reference I stated in my post and I did go through those steps on both the 6600M, stand-alone and using SSDR from the computer. There was no change on either attempt.

Paul

Kr5og

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Paul:

Do you have the "Balanced Input" selected as the mic source and the "TX DAX" off?

Gayle K0FLY

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

I should have said do you have the correct mic input selected, "MIC or BAL" Does the radio transmit one of the voice modes? Several years ago one chap couldnt get the MIC to work. His MIC was kaput.

Gayle

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

Gayle, yes the mic selection is selected BAL, and the mic works beautifully during QSOs.

Well, I wasn’t aware that the transmit DAX has to be off. I have always had DAX on and didn’t even know the audio didn’t need DAX on. With DAX the Level Meter.

See there you can teach Old Dogs new tricks, I say that as today is #76 for this old dog.

Thanks Gayle

Paul Kr5og

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Paul:

Glad to have helped, I'm a year and half behind. Happy Birthday. This ole dog kept making the DAX mistake until I made a "MIC" profile for the mic type number with DAX disabled and one profile called "DATA" with DAX enabled.

Gayle K0FLY

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭

Gayle

That sounds like a great idea, I think I will do the same. Otherwise I know what will occur next time I use data. Lol

Thanks again

Paul KR5OG

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

For switching between ssb and Digiu, FRstack has an option todo that automatically.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.