Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mac PGXL Utility - Underway

Options
Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

First, this is NOT an official Flex Radio project. This is something I am doing because I would like to have a good Mac based utility to control my shinny new PGXL.

While you can control the PGXL on/off set from SmartSDR Mac and you can run the PGXL utility in a Virtual Windows machine, a native utility is just that much nicer.

This is a very early version and I plan to add more display data to it. I have no plans to evolve this utility into a true replacement for the real PGXL utility unless it turns out that is desired by the community and by Flex Radio. At this point in time it is a work in progress to provide more information to Mac PGXL users.

I am open to suggestions and I will be glad to make the utility available to other Mac PGXL users.

Mark - WS7M

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Nicely done Mark!

Len, KD0RC

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

It's great Mark, as always. Gotta love Mac!, once all the software I use are available for MacOs without virtual windows or parallels I'll get rid of my PC and put in a Mac Mini for the shack.

Keep the great work!

73, Santiago

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've added a few features and looking for ideas for more:

1) Display is now optimized for window resize. You can make it small or large and see what you want to see

2) I've added a "BIG" display that shows TX count down time, peak power, power, SWR so you can see it easily

3) I've added an auto-connect feature that will connect automatically to your PGXL when found

4) I am working on the settings: The max values and colors will be settable

5) I am considering adding a TCP/IP port to allow external programs to take the amp on/offline

6) I am considering adding a feature that if you use a Flex Radio that you can set the RF drive power on that radio direct from this app

7) I've added displays showing the A and B source, band, and bias mode.

Let me know if you have any feature ideas that would make this little app useful to you.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here are a few new screenshots:

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Small display:

XT is the 5 minute keydown "transmit timer".

PP is peak power

IP is instantaneous power

SWR should be obvious

• Richard Cash
    Options
    I have a PGXL on the way and would like to try your Mac version utility. Keep up the good work. W4WU
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    Options

This looks great Mark, I’m really looking forward to when you are willing to let it out to the rest of us to try.

Thank you for working on this!!! I am close to 100% native MacOS flex operations. 🤓

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.