Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjtx ft8 on different slices at same time

paul
paul Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Third-Party Software

I have been looking a lot of info for the past week. I would like to run wsjtx on slice a ft8 and slice c at the saome time for contest. Using 6600. Articles presume I know something about computer programming. I can find the start button. Pse step by step. paul wa3qpx

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

I do more-or-less this all the time. Slice A has JS8Call on it, slice B has Fldigi on it, either on the same, or a different, band. A number of things are necessary:

• you either must have an antenna for each band, if different, or a multi-band antenna
    • you must set up a PTT/CAT configuration for each slice, with auto-switch Tx slice enabled
    • of course you must have a separate DAX channel for each slice

To run FT8 on two slices, you will need to start two instances of wsjt-x, using its ability to select a configuration directory at start-up. You can do this on Windows by changing the properties of the short-cut used to start wsjt-x. Simply add "--rig-name=Slice_A" and "--rig-name=Slice_B" after the wsjt-x executable, like the following:

C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=Slice_A

When you start up and configure wsjt-x, it will do so in a directory named for your slice. Be sure to change any UDP port numbers in the configuration for reporting and logging if you are doing that. Repeat for any other slices.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

You also have the option of installing slicemaster. It will do the work for you and fire WSJT automatically for each slice. I have monitored band conditions using WSJT on 4 slices/4 bands

• W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭

Ted,

I just tried to set up WSJT-X and/or JTDX on all four panadapters on my 6500. All works OK for slice A and B and have been set up as you describe but C and D have no audio input to the WSJT programs. DAX channels are set for 3 and 4 on slice C and D. If I change the program to receive DAX Audio RX1 or RX2 all is OK but neither 3 or 4 are receiving. Ideas?'John W9ILY

• paul
    paul Member ✭✭

Hi TEd, Which flex are you using?

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

I have a 6600M on v2.4.10. I never run 4 slices, although one would hope 4 would work as well as 2 - I'll have to try it when I purchase SSDR for Mac and move to v3. Won't be soon, though, as I am not ready to go to v3.

I guess I could run on Win10 on Parallels and try it :-)

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

John (W9ILY),

I wonder if you have a Windows sound device problem. It might be worth while looking up the DAX audio troubleshooting threads, or ask Flex for help if someone cannot look at your configuration.

• paul
    paul Member ✭✭

Make sure your program is working fully in C and D. Disconnect Slicemaster and all instances of your program except slice testing. If it works then connect Slicemaster anad look at "Mix" in Slicemaster and see if the bargraph indicates audio, If audio is there try increases volume in slider.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.