Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I use Smart SDR app on 2nd owner Flex 6400?

Options
I purchased a second hand Flex 6400 running the currrent V3 software. Would like to try the Iphone app. I realize it is $59 and thats not an issue but can I use it even though I did not originlly purchase the software? Thanks

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you can.

Think of things this way:

The software within the radio is what you pay the "version charge" for.

The Windows software within your computer is provided at no charge regardless of version.

The IPhone/IPad apps are a separate purchases that are not associated with a particular radio and you pay that charge once per Apple ID. It is my understanding that these apps are version independent so AFAIK the is no additional charge if/when the radio is upgraded.

Stated differently, if you would want to let a buddy share your radio via SmartLink, he can download and use the Windows SmartSDR software at no charge but would have to pay for the Apple app even though you already have it,

I gained my knowledge of the IPad app when I mistakenly paid to put it on my wife's IPad but later decided to get a separate IPad of my own. I was told I would have to purchase it again to use it with my Apple ID.

73, Bob, K8RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.