Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Run Smart Link on Back computer

Options

I will start off telling you what I am running and go from there. Have a 6600M and from time to time want to use it in my back room on another computer. There will only be one instance of Smart Link running at a time, and on version 2 right now, but could go to 3 if needed.

What I am wondering is how do you key the second computer? I will be using a headset that uses the old 3.5mm connections and works fine with other audio programs on the computer and sounds pretty good, but not sure how you would key it. I would guess in mic profile you would go down and tell it PC, rather then BAL I use on my main computer, but don't see anything like on my IPad where you can hit a PTT to key things up.

Is this possible before I put it on the 2nd computer, and do I need to setup a new SmartLink setup on that Computer.

73 Jeff WB4TT

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Use MOX on second PC. If you are on same network, no need to use SmartLink. MOX is same as PTT in the IOS app.

Dave wo2x

• Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    Options

I will try putting it on that computer, I was looking for for being able to hit the space bar, or something easier, then to have to look for the MOX with the mouse. I know on my Main computer with the XLR input it will not activate audio when I hit the MOX button, have to use the PTT.

I would think that VOX should be able to key it up, but hate to run that all the time, Something more to learn I guess.

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

You can pickup a wireless remote PTT relay and wire it up to activate PTT whenever you press the button on the portable fob. They cost less than $20 complete and all you need is a soldering iron. They also work a far distance from the radio (more than 150ft thru several wall).

There are many details for similar devices if you search the internet but here is one with direction and diagrams which you would just need to customize for your radio connections.

John K3MA

Depending upon your need you might also want to read K5PA website about the Plantronics Wireless headset. It also works well more than 200ft from the radio.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Install FRStack on the computer in the second room. Using FRStack, configure your space bar, or whatever, as a "smart key" to operate the Flex MOX. Use another smart key for "Tune.

Or.....buy the "Flex Control" from Flex. Plug the USB into your second computer. Configure a button for "MOX".

Alan. WA9WUD

• Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Allan for opening my eyes to the FRStack, it looks very useful and should do what I am looking for, along with many other things.

I had a "Flex Control" back when I had a 6500 and it sat in the box new and never used it and put it on QRZ, and basically gave it away .

This also kind of answered my question as to whether I should set a new profile up on my Smart SDR software when I put it on the other computer. FRStack looks like I could just set all up for the profile with the headset I am going to use in there, and the EQ settings and all should be set as I need them.

Jeff WB4TT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.