Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The 2021 Maestro?

Options
Dave K5OZ
Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Hello Flexers;

Has anyone noticed the new Maestro pictures on FlexRadio.com? Are they giving us a hint of what the faceplate will look like? Note the new position of the on/off switch and the Maestro emblem. Everything else looks the same. Kinda looks exactly like the M model faceplates. The year-end letter mentioned this modification.

BTW, I cannot wait for mine. My order was put in on June 24, 2020.

See pictures below for the apparent changes.

Dave

Old

New?

Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_DL5NAM
    Chris_DL5NAM Member ✭✭
    Options
    LOL

Do you know Maestro A and Maestro B ?

A was first (Power button un top)

B = Button on front

But your right; rumors says in sprng next Maestro came :-)

73 Chris
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Actually The B model has the power button on the side.

Dave wo2x

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris,

Yes, I know the difference between Maestro A and B. The "Old" Maestro picture above is a B model. The "New" Maestro picture above is apparently the new 2021 "C" Model with the power switch on the front. LOL.

Dave

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Correct Dave,

My reply was to Chris. He stated Version B = Front, where it should be:

A = Top

B = Side

C = Front

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This what I think. As I look at the front panel of my 6400M. Photoshop. BUT, it would make sense for FRS to use same on/off switch as the M models on any new iterations of the Maestro.

Ed KA9EES

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this is to mate with the different tablet Power Switch locations when Dell changes the tablet design that the Maestro uses, the Maestro has to change to accommodate, at least that is why the version A and B buttons are different.

Looks like the Tablet has changing again if the Picture is the actual product.

• Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    Options

Gerald sent out a customer letter on 12/23 and explained that they had to change vendors for the Maestro display. It seems they had one vendor for Maestro and a different one for 6xxxM models. That's why they could sell M models and not Maestros. The change over required a redesign to move the power button and some other changes. According to the sales page, the new model won't be available until Q2 2021. Happy Fourth of July.

Logan, KE7AZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.