Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dust inside the radio

Hello,

I have 6600+Maestro for about 2.5years and PGXL for almost 1.5 year.

About 2 weeks ago i had an issue with SD card and FLEX send me a new one. I was thinking to open my 6600 at some point to check how clean it is inside and SD card replacement last weekend was a great opportunity.

While I do vacuum clean my shack about once/week, radio still accumulate some dust inside. Mine was not too bad and I did vacuum clean the top and the bottom of the radio and cleaned the FAN with slightly wet wipes. All good now.

I am curios to open PGXL and clean it as well soon, but not sure if I will have an access to FAN's blades. Did anyone tried to clean PGXL yet?

I think it is a good practice to open radio about once a year (depends of your environment and in case of 24/7 run) to make sure it does not build up a layers of dust.

Here is my 6600 after 2.5 years

Just share my experience.

Sergey

Happy New Year!

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

I ran a Drake TR3 for roughly 40 years. Opened the case two or three times to change tubes but never dusted. Ran like a charm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.