Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

audio line output jack

I am trying to find out which is the audio line output jack on the Flex Radio 6700.
I am trying to connect a K44 CW reader with the FR6700. K1EL recommends using audio from the receiver's audio line output jack. Evidently it is not the radio's external speaker jack. Reportedly that jack has a low impedance output. What is the impedance of the FR6700 speaker phone connector in the back of the radio?
Appreciate help. Thank you.
73, Alex AK1MD

Best Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi:

I have not used those outputs, however, a Flex BETA tester across town uses both the input and output pins on that connector to interface his ancillary gear.. I would not be afraid of connecting the k44 to those pins "do so at your own risk". Maybe some one from Flex will chime in.

All of the ground pins are connected to the chassis.

Gayle K0FLY

• AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Gayle thank you for your response.

Does this mean that if I had a cable to connect Pin 2, 3 and ground to the K44 it would work? Does it matter which of the ground pins is connected?

Regarding the 600 Ohm guess: How could I figure that out, or do you expect it to work anyway? Are there adapters to a DB15 for individual pins? 

Thank you for your help. 

73, Alex AK1MD 

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Alex:

Down load the flex 6000 hardware manual. The info you are looking for is in section 7. 4. The output you are looking for is on the 15 pin accessory connector.

7.4.2 Pin 2: Line1 Out

This audio line output is a buffered output of the POWERED SPEAKERS left channel.

7.4.3 Pin 3: Line2 Out

This audio line output is a buffered output of the POWERED SPEAKERS right channel.

Pin 5, Pin 6, Pin 7, Pin 8 and Pin 10: GROUND

These pins are all connected to chassis ground o the FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500.

Gayle K0FLY

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Second answer. My copy does not state the impedance, my guess is that its 600 ohm to interface home audio devices.

Gayle

• AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Hi Gayle thank you for your response.\nDoes this mean that if I had a cable to connect Pin 2, 3 and ground to the K44 it would work? Does it matter which of the ground pins is connected? \nRegarding the 600 Ohm guess: How could I figure that out, or do you expect it to work anyway? Are there adapters to a DB15 for individual pins? \nThank you for your help. \n73, Alex AK1MD \n"}]
  • AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭

Hi Gayle thank you for your response.

Does this mean that if I had a cable to connect Pin 2, 3 and ground to the K44 it would work? Does it matter which of the ground pins is connected?

Regarding the 600 Ohm guess: How could I figure that out, or do you expect it to work anyway? Are there adapters to a DB15 for individual pins? 

Thank you for your help. 

73, Alex AK1MD 

• AK1MD
    AK1MD Member ✭✭

Thank you I will check if I can find a suitable cable and adapters. Happy New Year! Alex AK1MD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.