Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Keeping the Slice Receiver Resource Fixed While Tuning

Options

Is it possible to keep the Slice Resource fixed while tuning?

I have a 44" wide monitor and use the entire width for a panadapter so I can see whats going on. When I currently tune, the Slice Resource will move to the right or left then stop at the edge of the panadapter, at which point the Slice Resource stays fixed and the panadapter starts moving.

It would be great if there was a way to keep the Slice Resource fixed in the center of the panadapter and have the panadapter move as I'm tuning.

Rich - N5ZC

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

K9DUR has a utility that may do what you want. Only runs on pc, no Mac or Maestro. Google for his website.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

K9DUR app also gives choices that give you options on where the slice is centered to, such as center of indicated slice BW or on the carrier’s frequency. Been using it for a long time. Just a warning that depending on panadapter BW, the slice movement can be a little jumpy.

• Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the tip on K9DUR. I went to his website and noted that he mentioned the jittery/jumpy movement.

I'll give it a try and see how it works.

I would prefer that Flex built this into SmartSDR.

Rich - N5ZC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.